The IQRF Alliance is the technical partner of Hack Fest 2018 hackathon event in Prague. Contestants who will use IQRF devices in their projects can keep these devices!
As a part of an event Legend, we organize Smart Prague Hack Fest 2018 for students who like challenges and would like to present their own ideas how to improve Smart City.
The competition projects will get an access to interesting data from Prague on transport, air quality, and others. Smart Prague Hack Fest is open to all young talentswho have ideas and who study at high schools and universities. Students will be accompanied by experienced mentors who will be able to advise and share their knowledge.
The best projects have a chance to get to real life. The ICT operator in Prague is in charge of introducing innovation and is happy to work with young people with good ideas. If the idea and its solution are feasible, nothing prevents project being put into practice.
Register here: www.praguehackfest.cz
Smart Prague web
Elektronikknett, one of the most famous online technical magazines in Norway has published an article about the IQRF and the IQRF Summit 2018 held in April.
Read the whole article here.
The IQRF IDE is a software tool for programming IQRF wireless modules and setting up your wireless network. Now there is a new version which brings many new features and bug fixes available.
- Terminal – DPA Test window did not allow to set PCMD higher than 0x3F.
- Terminal Log window did not allow to open the Packet Inspector by double click on the last record in the log.
- Limitation on the maximal number of characters in the Terminal – Data to send field did not work correctly in case of Use Numbers feature enabled.
- Limitation on the maximal number of bytes in the Terminal – DPA Test – PDATA field and macros did not work correctly.
- Minor repairs and improvements.
Changes and enhancements
- IQRF Repository options added in the Tools – Options menu.
- MPLAB X supported as an external source code editor.
- New version of compiler included: CC5X Version 3.6 FREE edition.
- Copy packet to the Terminal as ASCII / HEX / DEC feature added to the packet popup menu in the Terminal Log window.
- Default compiler build options changed from -a -bu -Q -Vn -cif -dc to -a -gb -GS -Vn -cif -dc -AH.
- Data displaying (NADR and HWPID) in the Terminal – DPA Test macros changed from big-endian to little-endian.
- All Terminal modes display number of entered / maximal number of characters.
- TR Module Information window (Ctrl+M) displays IBK (Individual Bonding Key).
- Build option consultant added in the Project Properties – Build window to monitor CC5X option settings.
- The UDP communication channel timing optimized.
- IQRF Repository supported (beta):
- PIQRF IDE displays the manufacturer and product name of IQRF Standard products according to the HWPID.
- PIQRF IDE updates a list of embedded and IQRF standard DPA peripherals and commands according to the actual specifications.
- PIQMESH Network Manager allows checking the availability of Custom DPA Handler updates for IQRF Standard products.
- PIQMESH Network Manager allows the OTA update of Custom DPA handlers in IQRF Standard products.
Application engineer wanted
- Technical analysis and support of custom projects
- Design and application of IQRF technology into custom projects
- Technical communication with customers
- Leading of company-internal HW and SW projects
- Pilot projects
- Education in electronics
- Experience in electronic design and HW realization
- Experience in microprocessor technique
- C and C++ programming
- Technical English
- Constructive approach
- Practical experience in Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Basic RF experience. Knowledge of IQRF is not necessary.
- Good English
- Interesting self-reliant work in friendly team awarded the Česká Hlava in 2014
- Home office
- Employees’ amenities
Send the CV and motivation letter to: Iveta Stefanova, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MICRORISC s.r.o., Jicin, tel. +420 493 538 125.
Students and IQRF enthusiasts have last two days for submitting their contest projects for IQRF Wireless Challenge IV.
Contestants can win interesting prizes such as IoT development kits, CO2 sensor by Protronix, smart power socket by Netio and more.
Find more information about the contest at iqrf.org/contest
New IQRF OS v4.02D User’s guide for TR-7xD is now available at www.iqrf.org.
Open source software to implement IQRF gateways from Linux devices
A powerful IQRF gateway can easily be implemented with any general purpose Linux-based microcomputer like Raspberry Pi.
IQRF Gateway Daemon is a package allowing to easily create an IQRF gateway with Internet and cloud connectivity from embedded Linux devices (Raspberry Pi, Up Board, PlugPC, BeagleBone, …). The Daemon utilizes multiple communication channels UDP, MQ and MQTT.
For immediate start, the DS-IOT-01 and IoT-StarterKit-01 development sets are intended.
IQRF GW Daemon principle: