There are also video tutorials available on IQRF Youtube channel.
What do you need to start?
● TR-72DAT IQRF transceiver
● CK-USB-04A IQRF programmer and debugger
● DK-EVAL-04A Universal portable development kit for TR transceivers
● Micro USB cable
What are TR transceivers?
RF transceivers TR-72DA fits into SIM connector. They are fully programmable under IQRF OS operating system and allow to utilize the DPA approach for applications without programming. What is a Programmer?
To upload application codes into TRs and configure TR parameters, the CK-USB-04A kit is intended.
What is an evaluation kit?
TRs (with application functionality codes uploaded using the programmer in advance) should be hosted in portable DK-EVAL-04A kits.
Why you need a USB device?
TRs can also be hosted by CK-USB-04A connected to PC via USB. It enables to control the TR application from PC, first of all by the IQRF IDE powerful tools for communication, testing, network management and visualization. This is advantageous, especially for the network Coordinator.
RF link check
● Unpack two TR transceivers from the development set. Do not make any changes in SW inside.
● Plug the first TR into one DK-EVAL-04A kit and switch the power on by the jumper. Every transmitted RF packet is
indicated by a green LED flash.
● Plug the second TR into another DK-EVAL-04A kit and switch the power on by the jumper. Every transmitted RF packet
is indicated by a green LED flash.
● Moreover, transmitted packets are started to be received by the counterparts. Every received RF packet is indicated by
the red LED flash.
● Thus, a bidirectional RF link is automatically established between the kits in this way. The red LED flashing indicates the RF
● You can move the kits and check RF link with respect to the given environment.
Note: This link works plug-and-play thanks to the E09-LINK program which is uploaded in all TR transceivers in development sets delivered from the factory. It is one of the Basic examples from the Startup package and can be uploaded whenever needed later on.
See Basic examples E01-TX, E02-RX, … in IQRF Startup Package.
The only way to implement an IQMESH network is the DPA approach. For a quick startup, it is recommended to apply the ready-to-use DPA plug-ins without Custom DPA Handlers.
Higher level, running under DPA and utilizing DPA plug-ins, which are ready-to-use SW plug-ins enabling communication in Mesh networks with no need for programming. TR is not controlled by an application program but from the control system via SPI or UART by the DPA protocol. All resources of the addressed device are accessed via sending requests and receiving responses. Requested functionality is achieved without programming. However, even this approach allows user-specific adapting by optional Custom DPA Handler programmable in C language.
The DPA framework solves networking transparently. Just the addressees must be specified and then the packets are delivered automatically. This, together with the approach with no programming needed makes TRs very easy to implement. The entire network traffic is based on simple commands only specifying where and what to perform.
Programming in C
Lower level, running directly under IQRF OS. The functionality is given by the application program in C language.